Updated Visitors Policy for Greater Danbury Families
|For the Greater Danbury Area Families who have been so patient:
We continue to be in close touch with public health officials in the Danbury area. The current contraction rate is at 4%, so improvement but still not quite at goal. However, we are concerned that with fall fast approaching (and with it a possible resurgence/flu spike), we do want to take whatever time we have now to allow some family time in case we find ourselves back at square one.
We would like to offer a bit of a compromise, allowing visits to family homes with these precautions in place:
- Limit the visit to immediate family members only
- Keep the visit low key and stick to being home or outside activities away from others (walks, park, apple picking as examples)
- Refrain from restaurants, malls, stores, movies, festivals, etc.-anything with people essentially.
- Follow all precautionary guidance around disinfecting, hand-washing, etc.
- When in close contact with your loved one (within 6 feet, in a car, when providing hands on support) PLEASE wear a mask (we can provide some if needed)
- Refrain from the visit if anyone in the family has had any symptoms, exposures, travel, or excessive community exposure
We ask you to make sure you carefully consider the risk our population faces and help us protect our Ability Beyond family by being forthright and cautious with us. Most of all, if you are able to follow the guidance and make a visit work, have a wonderful visit!
We hope you will all join us for the now biweekly Family Zoom Call on Tuesday Night, Sept. 29th at 7:00 PM. Link will be sent out next week.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your program staff manager or reach us by email at email@example.com.
President & CEO
PS-don’t forget to get your flu shots!