Summary of Our June 30th Weekly Update with Jane Davis
June 29, 2020
Regarding this week’s 6/30/20 Family Meeting, we encountered some technical difficulties that caused the meeting to end abruptly after 40 minutes. Please accept our apologies! If you were on the Zoom call when it cut off, please know that you did NOT miss anything further. The technical issue also unfortunately did not allow us to record the meeting.
If you were not participating live, here is our summary:
- We remain COVID-free EXCEPT for some “persistent positives.” We have people going for testing daily and are on the watch for any resurgence.
- For our New York Residential Families: Because we are still waiting for more information from NYS public health officials, we are waiting another week to start NEW YORK family vacations. Outside visits at our site and extended family visits in your home (2 weeks or more) are OK. Thank you for your patience.
- For our Connecticut Residential Families: We are slowly introducing a few family home visits and weekends. Our approach is to:
- Screen the person we serve for risk factors (health, age, housemates, etc.)
- Screen what your family plans are (small family stay-cations are best)
- Screen the family members the person we serve will be with (exposure, risk, etc.)
- Give those families who do take a loved one home our “Do’s and Don’ts”
- If the visit is an overnight or longer, we will screen by phone for exposure/symptoms prior to returning to Ability Beyond
- Take temperatures and confirm health upon return of your family member
There is no change to the previously discussed Day Program plans at this time.
*Note that this is a brief summary. For more information, additional detail can be found in the attached PowerPoint presentation, and in this recording of last week’s Zoom call from June 23rd: Click Here
Click here to download and view the June 30th PowerPoint: COVID-19 Family Update 6-30-20 v3
Yoga for Everyone!
For all of our Caregivers, save-the-date Wednesday, July 8th from 7-8 PM for Virtual Yoga, presented by Heather Morgado, owner of YogaSpace in Bethel, CT. This session is being offered free to families as an antidote to stressful times! The class is adaptable for anyone with mobility constraints, and will incorporate the healing breathing and stress reduction techniques.
Families, people we serve and our team of caregivers are invited, and it is open to the first 100 people to log on, July 8, at 7 PM.
To join the class, click here to visit our Events page for access to the class:
Please feel free to reach out to me or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes for a happy and safe 4th of July!
If you were unable to join our weekly update to families on Tuesday, June 23rd you may use the link below to access a recording of the presentation and Q&A in Zoom. Click here for the recorded meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/69N5MpWt0V9IWrP_6W_DS6x5OtymX6a82nJL8_UFzkYy_cC7uA2WezKE-sBQrq-D Stay safe, stay healthy, and feel free to send your…
Please join us tonight, July 7th at 7 PM for our weekly Tuesday update on programs, visiting and safety measures at Ability Beyond. We welcome your questions and again this week will take questions via the Zoom Chat feature. We will answer as many questions as we can following the…